Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday back Safely in Tucson

Well good evening from Tucson, AZ. For those of you who wanted details I will endeavor to speak to two issues. First, the joys of being run over. Second, my dating life.

It was like this: I wasn't do'n' nutn. I had been out walking, watching the sunset and breath; then drove down the hill into Bisbee, AZ. (100 miles SE of Tucson) I pulled into a parking lot, turned off the engine and watched as the sun painted the sky pink. AhHHH! Serenity!

While watching, I noted a big pickup (Dodge Ram 3500 -- extended cab and lots of lights) enter the parking lot and swing around the row in which I was parked. The truck pulled into and through the space next to me and then proceeded to turn right and role the rear tire over my driver's side fender, headlights and front bumper. Yes the fluid on the ground is windshield washer fluid.

So the results: After some work on my car this AM I chose to drive back to Tucson for analysis of the suspension and situation at hand. Yes I agree that was risky, however, the locals I talk to stated flattly that Bisbee is not gifted with body men. They TO A PERSON stated they take their cars to Mexico for better sevice. Go figure.

The car will be in the shop tomorrow for evaluation and then I will know what changes to the schedule are in order. Here are a few more pictures to clarify the damages:

Then item two: I heard from a few people today about the blog that mentioned I went on a date and that I would give details later.

When I was young say about 12-14 there was a family in the church I grew-up around whose parents were Ken and Jean McClain. They had five children and I spent many Saturdays at their home. Mrs McClain played the piano. Her daughter Marni and I sang together. It took a lot of practice for me to figure out how many notes are to be sung at one time. Mrs. McClain always had lunch -- I specifically remember chili with peanut butter sandwiches -- I still love that combination. About 40 years ago Ken McClain died. Mrs McClain moved eventually to live with Marni.

When I talked to Marni Sunday evening I arranged to surprise Mrs McClain by taking her out for a meal. Marni assisted by keeping the details quiet. Mrs McClain was all gussied up. I appeared with corsage in hand and we went out.

Mom McClain is now 85 and she seemed to enjoy herself a great deal -- I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment