Thursday, March 5, 2009


I met M. T. Liggett in Mullinville, KS today. A crusty old artist whose medium is political welding and painting.

Was driving along and noted some colorful stuff about a half mile off US 54. So, I headed that way. This is what I saw.


There were hundreds of metal images, windmills, political statements (some to racy for my taste) and comic relief. I parked of the road and commenced to picture taking.

It seems nothing is beyond his cutting edge. So much so that the people of the town have tried to get no parking signs. As I took pictures, Mr. Liggett drove by and pulled over. He commenced to tell me about life, religion, political resistance and life in the big world. I enjoyed talking with him about 45 minutes and promised to buy him a cup of coffee on my return trip. He made me laugh and I still have a cheesy grin on my face just thinking about this American Original.

Well worth the time to learn from: M. T. Liggett.

Disclaimer: However, keep your finger close to the bleep button.

No comments:

Post a Comment