Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I know I promised baseball pictures today. They may yet happen, the game is at 1400 hours. However, the first priority is prayer and I found a great place.

This is a place of peace and it is very hard to hear a sound made by people. The wind gently lifted up the valley, whispered God's presence and refreshed my thoughts, feelings and experience of God and my place in His design.

I know what I enjoy -- helping people. I know God's call on my life -- to be sanctified holy, to live God's love, to hear God's needs and to enjoy God, forever. I know the work I do well -- bringing peace to strident moments and hurting hearts. I know what I love -- God Holy Spirit's voice of compassion. These all are within the scriptures.

There is no extra faithfulness or goodness based on geography. (that is the work done today) There is only hearing God and expressing the desire of my heart to a loving God. Before I left on this journey a good friend told me to follow my heart. If I know anything about me, my heart belongs to God -- follow I shall. When I pray my prayer is, "Father cleanse any heart desire that does not conform to your perfect will," I am on the trail to a desert stream that refreshes, renews and affirms.

God's perfect will -- that is all I want, that is where this journey will find a gentle spiritual breeze that whispers, peace be still, trust, commit, delight, and be at rest in My plan. This is my doctrine of assurance.


Today assurance balances my life, holding the love I have for adventure and newness with the gratefulness I have for a place of service that allows me to make a difference. What more could I ask, I am content today. Even today I was able to help a hurting person and to know this was a sacred and truly important moment.

The cheesy grin on my face is there because of heart joy. The road seems smooth and the view worthy of the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment