Saturday, March 28, 2009




So often in this trip the views, moments, and work have all been able to take place in country that lifts the spirit. See pictures:
This is the Mogillon Rim. The rim is the edge of the Colorado Plateau. The night I spent here in the middle of more Ponderosa Pine than I have ever seen, the low temp was 22 and the wind kept the tops of the trees whispering all night. The sound touched something in the back of my mind -- I could not understand what the sound was tapping.

The next day while walking the trail I found a flat rock. It was to inviting to pass so like a snake sunning itself I stretched out and let my spirit listen. The voice of the Holy Spirit provided me with peace and the key to the whispering pine trees. For, God the Holy Spirit brought my daughters face to mind and the sound was the sound of satin over crinoline in a young woman's white wedding dress as she danced with her father. His one and only dance in 40 years. Her name was Erika and it was a good dance.

Erika's smile took me to my family. There are two wonderful children born to my life and they have been blessed with extraordinary mates, friends to love and with whom to live this adventure. I am assured of love for Jessica and Joshua, my children by marriage. I am at peace to know all my children as friends. I am blessed. Daily I pray for each couple to grow old together and enjoy God's presence every day. Both couples are parents of a child that has captured the deep place of my heart. Amelia smiles and I could sit and watch her without pause. JP is simply a joy who lights the room with his laughter.

I want my children and generations beyond to live for God. Diane hoped for me to be a Godly influence on the generations she would not see. What better life can be had than to fulfill the promise I gave to Diane to live as Christ before the children. I know I will be imperfect, having so many human foibles and frailties but the work done today with God affirms that He will be in charge and all I need to do is Love God and then the children with my all. I will do that.

I am headed home. From the desert scapes to the wheat fields the miles will pass and just so will the miles affirm the path that is the desire of my heart. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment