Saturday, March 14, 2009

Days 8 & 9

Did I say, I love my Garmin? Thanks Wes, Jess and Amelia for the birthday present.
The Royals will get several good tests later in camp; for now they look good. The pitching staff looks like there are 5 pitchers contending for 2-3 spots. Jamie is one of my favorites even though I know the chances for him to stick are limited. I just like the way he has been throwing strikes.









John Buck sends one:
long, deep out o' here!



Next Day: Nuts! The entire team looked bad in today's game. However, when i looked around there were people playing out of position all over the field. Ross Gload in Left gave up four outs David DeJesus gets. That saves 4 out of the 5 runs Bannister gave up.



This was first inn work and Bannister looked sharp. In the following days it will be educational to she how he overcomes the rest of the team failing.




Can you find me?







These are some minor league players I met and sat with during the game. The young man on the right in stripes is Juan Abreu who was able to improve the second half of last year enough that I expect him to get to Wilmington (High A) out of camp. If all goes well look for him in Arkansas by the end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment