Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And now for some baseball! Recently, two wonderful people from work called and sang the national anthem, "Take me out to the ball game. Take..." It will not be long!

I watched several players in practice and game situations. And --- I ammmm ready for the season today. Let's go Royals!


Okay, so that's a little over the top, yet, there are some good things happening. David DeJesus is settling in to a comfort level at the 2-3 slot.












Mark Teahan is stroking the ball well and seems content to show the manager he is able to be one of the tallest second basemen, utility men, ever. So far, no glaring problems. A word of caution: I have yet to see a double play in game conditions for Mark. He has handled the routine plays acceptably. So, with his stick on fire he is saying to everyone, "Got'a play me."


Mark continues to run the bases well, even stealing bases. Good jumps are being taught in camp and I look for improvements.






I know, it is only spring. I know we have holes. I know the pitching has not rounded into form. I am afraid of the Ponson experiment.



For the #5 starter -- I can not see a contender at this point, pitching, pitching, pitching.

Right now I see a .500 team, I'll rejoice with that level of improvement.

On 3/23/09 my chart is:
  • C-Olivio, B. Pena -- John Buck is being showcased and with the lack of catching and game management. Buck's batting this spring may create enough interest to get some help in the bull pen.
  • 1st: Jacobs, Gload -- Everyone else elsewhere.
  • 2nd: Bloomquist, Callaspo
  • 3rd: Gordon
  • SS: Aviles
  • Left: DeJesus
  • Center: Crisp, Maier
  • Right: Guillen
  • DH: Butler
  • Super Sub: Teahan, 500 bats at every position on the field except pitcher.
  • Bull Pen: Soria, Mahay, Farnsworth, Tejeda, Cruz
  • Starting 5:
  • 1 Meche, 2 Greinke, 3 Davies, 4 Hochevar, 5:-)
  • Presently on the Roster -- I don't expect them to be on the team opening day:
  • John Buck, traded
  • Shealy, trade away, give away, or cut
  • Costa, AAAA player
  • One pitching spot is available for: Bale, Bannister, Peralta, Ramirez, and Waecher. None have earned the position at this time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. The Tigers will still be better (hee hee!) I hope you are enjoying your time Paul... we are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to enjoy 76 degrees, sunshine, baseball, hot dogs and a picture around every corner. the easy part is to find a quiet place in the desert to read, have a conversation with God and hear the still, quiet voice of God's Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete