Thursday, March 5, 2009

Life is such an adventure

Which is the better opening line, 1) Within minutes of getting on the road and in our very first conversation, God started to reveal his plan to me. 2) I left home for this adventure at 0900, I left home again at 0943.

I like to think of myself as willing to be flexible, changes in plans can reap a benefit – let me tell you about a good oops. We can talk about God's answer to prayer toward the end of the journey.

I left home at 0900, armed with the GPS given to me by Wessica, and quickly noted I needed petrol before leaving town. This prompted me to talk to myself. "Self," I said, "You may want – cash, it might be good to have some cash; coffee, it is not possible for me to get far without coffee. So off to the ATM with thee and then get thee to yon petrol station." While pumping the go juice I reviewed the fact that I had everything I needed for the trip. Car, camera, shorts, toothbrush and computer ---- wait, computer! So, back to the house and a quick run in and I'll be on my way. Besides this will give one more chance to tell Erika I love her and maybe get another hug.

When I got home, I retrieved the computer; wrote three checks I had forgotten about; finalized the roof shingle color; reloaded the car with more food items and hugged Erika, Josh, JP, and two kids Erika was babysitting. Of course I then left singing, “On the road again, again, again...”

The first 364 miles have gone well. I saw to many pictures to take them all. A few are included in this note. Unfortunately I spent so much time taking pictures I did not make it to my planned destination. It was dark by the time I got to Liberal, KS so pictures of me on the "Yellow Brick Road" will have to wait 'til morning and the hotel I planned on may be a stop at the end of the trip.

Leaving and leaving again taught me that plan changes are not the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment