Thursday, March 12, 2009

I love my Garmin Nuvi 255W, and the sweet voice that gently guides me to the next quiet place.

Sometimes life and traffic are just to funny.

At a stop light in Peoria, AZ, I am enjoying the breeze, sun and temp -- about 74 degrees and partly cloudy. Then, as a car pulled up beside me there was a woman streaming ;%#! "I told you you turned the wrong way. You could get someone killed. Why don't !*#%&@*(#&%!)+~$*)+!^(@#^*^^* Can't you listen?" What worried me is that she was facing me. As we both had our windows completely down her blast was less than 3 feet away when they came to a stop.

I looked over at the woman thinking I had been daydreaming and missed something. I wondered what terrible thing had happened due to my neglect -- for, no one would speak to me like that without some strong reason. Then I saw the driver.

He started to turn toward his steaming passenger and as I also turned to her our eyes met. When he saw that steam was seemingly spewing out the window at a total stranger, though he himself was the object of her ire, and that he could not move due to traffic; his head fell; and bounced off his chest; then fell again; and bounced again. The guy looked like he wanted to find an ant hill and invite them to lunch.

My first thought when I came to reality -- "Can I get my camera up fast enough to record this living movie?" The camera was next to me. It was in picture taking mode. A few quick buttons pushed would allow movie taking. I looked away to give the couple privacy and considered the reach for the camera. The traffic jerked to a go and they were off -- he may have guessed what I was considering.

At the next light was more of the same, when the man very slowly turned his head toward me and realized I was intentionally listening in on her blessing of everything but his soul. Sadness filled his eyes and he raised his eyebrows, corner of his mouth and hands all at the same time as though to say, "What can I do?" At that moment mercy filled my heart for him and I mentally put the camera down. I leaned forward so that he and I were in direct eye contact and said, "I have a Garmin Nuvi 255W; Love my Garmin."

I think I saw a tear in his eye as again the traffic moved forward, he signalled to get into my lane so I slowed and waved him over. As he turned right I was sure I heard the words, "Not this right --- THE OTHER RIGHT>?~!#%&(_+/;@$^*)~`........"


I love my Garmin. The sweet voice says, "Recalculating," if I change the course. AHHHHH!

NOW for Baseball:
This is the berm beyond left-center field. Great place to watch baseball. People just enjoying the game and watching 40 players being used by the two teams. Note the blue sky with clouds just full enough to give the occasional opportunity to put on more sun screen. Look for me on the berm.





The TV will show the center field flowers. Just to the left field side will be my home for the next several games. I promise not to take off my shirt. There were several guys who did this and I started to offer a bag of peanuts to one guy to put his back.



















Kyle Davies continues to pitch well and may give the coaches tough choices. He may end up being the number 3 or 4 starter; if he falters he may be number 5 and garbage time.












Chris Lunbanski sends one deep.




No comments:

Post a Comment