Tuesday, March 10, 2009

From Flagstaff to Sedona is Alt-89A. This is the most beautiful road in the world. One day I will start at Mexico and meander my way
to Canada -- a picture around every corner.

This was my first sight of Oak Creek Canyon. No picture I take will ever do justice to the beauty. This is one place worth going to on purpose and getting out the walking stick.



With clouds hanging low the top of the mesa is hard to catch. Add to this the snow and freezing ice and you will understand why I laughed at myself. I had been overly optimistic, I had on walking shorts and sneakers. Had to dig into the duffel and find the sweats to keep from turning blue all over.















Here we are Surprise Stadium, BASEBALL, smell of hot dogs, children and parents together, more wrinkles than I knew existed (Its winter, AZ, and snow birds as far as the eye can see.) I arrived at about 1630 hours. (Temp 76.) The game in progress was in the ninth inning so I opted to walk around the grounds. Four baseball fields and lots of practice time. More to come.

The Royals play an away game on Tuesday so I'll be scoping out a different field tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment